1. Bookings may initially be made by phone or via email but will only be confirmed on receipt of a deposit.
2. On receipt of your deposit a confirmation of booking will be sent to you. On receipt of the final payment, 7 weeks prior to the holiday, an acknowledgement will be sent with directions and arrangements for keys.
3. In the case of cancellation due to Covid-19 Government restrictions, a full refund will be applicable. We still, strongly advise you to obtain comprehensive insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation for other reasons when our normal conditions would apply. (ie Any deposit will be non-refundable and for cancellations less than 7 weeks prior to the start of the holiday, the final or full payment is also non-returnable unless re-letting is successful. In such cases the costs of re-letting will be deducted from the return of any refund payments.
4. If we cancel a confirmed booking, our liability is limited to the return of all payments received.
5. To allow for the changeover of guests, the cottage will normally be from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival until 10.00 am on the day of departure. We appreciate if guests keep as close as possible to these times and let us know approximate arrival time in advance.
6. Each booking should be in the name of one person who shall be responsible for the actions of all members of their party. The names of the party must be included on the booking form. This must not exceed 2 people. The property is not suitable for children under 12.
7. The holidaymaker is responsible for the property during periods of rental and is expected to take reasonable care of it. The rooms and all utensils and equipment should be left reasonably clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. An additional charge may be made if extra cleaning is required.
8. In the unfortunate event of a breakage or damage this should be reported as quickly as possible to the owner or caretaker and paid for by the end of the holiday.
9. Losses: We cannot accept any liability of any loss, damage or expenses of any kind sustained by a member of the holidaymaker’s party in connection with Ratty’s Retreat, whatever the cause might be, including negligence, except where such loss, damage or additional expense is the result of proven negligence of ourselves.
10. Complaints or Queries: If you have any problems please contact us, or our caretaker immediately. Complaints not reported at the time cannot be entertained subsequently and it is regretted that no correspondence can be entered into in the case of complaints made after you have returned home, when it will be appreciated that it is quite impossible for them to be effectively investigated.
11. Should you become ill during your stay at Ratty’s Retreat we do ask that you let us know immediately so that we can take necessary precautions to ensure the health and safety of our housekeepers.